A neurosurgeon is also known as a brain surgeon. Neurosurgeons deals with neurological diseases and disorders. They specialize in surgical treatment,
A neurosurgeon is also known as a brain surgeon. Neurosurgeons deals with neurological diseases and disorders. They specialize in surgical treatment, management, and prevention of neurological diseases. We will enlist the best neurosurgeon in Islamabad in this article. Neurosurgery, sometimes known as neurological surgery, is a specialized branch of surgery. It uses surgical methods to diagnose, and treat diseases and disorders of the brain and nervous system.
Types of Neurosurgeons in Islamabad
Neurosurgery is a specialized field in and of itself. Since the nervous system is so complicated. A neurosurgeon can also specialize in other subspecialties of neurosurgery. Following are the 8 major types of specialist neurosurgeons in Islamabad:
These expert specialists deal with all kinds of general neurosurgery-related procedures.
These doctors deal with the treatment of complex surgical procedures. Such as abnormal or narrowed blood vessels and aneurysms.
These neurosurgeons are experts in neurosurgery. These surgeons treat elderly patients suffering from spinal issues.
These neurosurgeons treat disorders related to the skull and skull-base tumors.
These specialists treat all kinds of head injuries of head trauma.
These neurosurgeons treat a range of various nervous system issues. Such as cerebral palsy, movement disorders, and epilepsy.
These doctors treat congenital spine defects, tumors, facial anomalies, and other neurological disorders.
These specialist neurologists treat tumors of the brain and nervous system.
Neurosurgeons in Islamabad
Islamabad, Pakistan’s capital city, is the country’s fourth most populous metropolis. Islamabad is also home to many modern medical facilities. People travel from all around the country to Islamabad to make use of superior medical services. From consultants to specialists, you can find the best doctors as per your need. Consultation with the experienced, certified best neurologists in Islamabad.
Disorders Treated by Neurosurgeons in Islamabad
Common diseases and disorders treated by a top neurosurgeon in Islamabad are:
- Acoustic neuroma
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Colloid Cysts
- Cerebellar disorders
- Cerebrospinal fluid leak
- Degenerative nerve disorder
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Headaches, migraines, and sinus
- Infections (bacterial, fungal, and viral)
- Intracranial hypotension
- Malignant sheath nerve tumor
- Sleep disorders
- Sinus Problem
- Vascular Tumours
Treatments by Neurosurgeons/Brain Surgeons in Islamabad
Neurosurgeons perform various tests and procedures to treat neurological disorders. Some of the common services and treatments offered by the top and best neurosurgeons in Islamabad are:
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy- If the neck pain is due to herniated disc, the neurosurgeon will treat this issue of neck pain.
- Chiari Decompression- This procedure treats people who suffer from a defect of the brain. It is a safe option in treating a certain condition. In which the balance and coordination of the patient improve by removing the bone from the back of the skull.
- Laminectomy- It is one of the common procedures of minimally invasive surgery. Used by neurosurgeons for treating severe backbone issues. In this procedure, you make small incisions to remove a small part of the vertebral bone or lamina.
- Epilepsy Surgery- When the medication for epilepsy doesn’t work for the neurosurgeons treat it surgically. In this surgical procedure, neurosurgeons remove the small part of the brain. The part that handles causing fatal seizures.
- Microdiscectomy- In this neurological procedure treats the painful herniated disc in the lumbar area of a person.
- Ventriculostomy- neurosurgeons perform this procedure without implantation. Use a tube to remove the excess fluid from the brain of the patient.
- Tensilon Test- It is a blood test used to diagnose a rare neuromuscular disease “myasthenia gravis”.
Other tests include:
- genetic testing.
- blood and urine analysis.
- PET, MRI, and imaging tests.
Neurosurgeons in Islamabad
If you have persistent back pain or have been in an accident, you may need to see a neurosurgeon in Islamabad at some point in your life. You may need to see them if you have carotid artery disease or chronic pain. A herniated disc, a spinal cord injury, lumbar spinal stenosis, a pituitary tumor, or cervical spine issues.